arachnode.net
An Open Source C# web crawler with Lucene.NET search using SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2016/CE An Open Source C# web crawler with Lucene.NET search using MongoDB/RavenDB/Hadoop

Completely Open Source @ GitHub

Does arachnode.net scale? | Download the latest release

Some questions about CrawlRequest

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 7 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
5 Posts
baby_zrq posted on Thu, Nov 26 2009 6:44 PM

hello,  I've relly been checking the code of AN, but there are some trouble for me. I hope get your help, thanks!

1、what do these enum items mean?    public enum UriClassificationType : byte
    {
        None = 0,
        Domain = 1,
        Extension = 2,
        FileExtension = 4,
        Host = 8,
        Scheme = 16
    }
    2、In the DiscoveryManager.cs, what is the meaning and difference between the function IsCrawlRestricted and IsDiscoveryRestricted()?     /// <summary>
        /// Determines whether the specified crawl request is restricted.
        /// </summary>
        /// <param name="crawlRequest">The crawl request.</param>
        /// <param name="absoluteUri">The absolute URI.</param>
        /// <returns>
        ///  <c>true</c> if the specified crawl request is restricted; otherwise, <c>false</c>.
        /// </returns>
        internal static bool IsCrawlRestricted(CrawlRequest crawlRequest, string absoluteUri)
        {
        }         /// <summary>
        /// Determines whether [is discovery restricted] [the specified crawl request].
        /// </summary>
        /// <param name="crawlRequest">The crawl request.</param>
        /// <param name="absoluteUri">The absolute URI.</param>
        /// <returns>
        ///  <c>true</c> if [is discovery restricted] [the specified crawl request]; otherwise, <c>false</c>.
        /// </returns>
        internal static bool IsDiscoveryRestricted(CrawlRequest crawlRequest, string absoluteUri)
        {
        }
       3、if I actually want to get the specific data I really want to, i just write code in here
   if (extractWebPageMetaData)
                {
                }           And have a limit on the priority when Adding CrawlRequest to be crawled in the CrawlRequestManager.cs(ProcessHyperLinks).
         if (!DiscoveryManager.IsCrawlRestricted(crawlRequest, hyperLinkDiscovery.Uri.AbsoluteUri))
                            {
                            }
          Do I have any other methods to do that? If not ,i think AN could provide user with a interface class which user can modify to crawl the special content with a good efficiency.  it is very useful for user.
          Thank you!
          baby_zrq           

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts
Answered (Verified) arachnode.net replied on Fri, Nov 27 2009 9:18 AM
Verified by arachnode.net

1.) http://something.arachnode.net/Default.aspx

These classifications are used for restricting a Crawl to a certain Domain, Extension, FileExtension, Host, and/or Scheme.

2.) CrawlRestricted means where can the crawl go - can I follow a WebPage to another domain, etc.?  DiscoveryRestricted means can I download images that come from another domain?  (A WebPage may contain images/files from another Domain - is it OK to download those?)

3.) You should DEFINITELY write a plugin and NOT change the core because as the core changes/improves you will have to modify/merge your code in with mine.  Tell more more about what you are wanting to do for #3?

For best service when you require assistance:

1. Check the DisallowedAbsoluteUris and Exceptions tables first.
  2. Cut and paste actual exceptions from the Exceptions table.
  3. Include screenshots.

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts
Answered (Verified) arachnode.net replied on Fri, Nov 27 2009 9:18 AM
Verified by arachnode.net

1.) http://something.arachnode.net/Default.aspx

These classifications are used for restricting a Crawl to a certain Domain, Extension, FileExtension, Host, and/or Scheme.

2.) CrawlRestricted means where can the crawl go - can I follow a WebPage to another domain, etc.?  DiscoveryRestricted means can I download images that come from another domain?  (A WebPage may contain images/files from another Domain - is it OK to download those?)

3.) You should DEFINITELY write a plugin and NOT change the core because as the core changes/improves you will have to modify/merge your code in with mine.  Tell more more about what you are wanting to do for #3?

3. Include screenshots.

Top 75 Contributor
5 Posts

Thank you for your reply!

In my project, i want to the special content like :

Tn the page , http://arachnode.net/forums/, only crawl the webpage follow these :

Then get the content of these webpage. So if i want to control the crawling action , i could   DEFINITELY write a plugin but i must  call the plugin in the core. Otherwise, it will crawl a lot of data which i don't want to get. Thank you!

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts

How can I help?

3. Include screenshots.

Top 75 Contributor
5 Posts

hello again,

You last tell me that "3.) You should DEFINITELY write a plugin and NOT change the core because as the core changes/improves you will have to modify/merge your code in with mine.  Tell more more about what you are wanting to do for #3?"     So i talk about what i am wanting to do for #3, and i want to ask you that " if i want to control the crawling action , i could   DEFINITELY write a plugin but i must  call the plugin in the core. Otherwise, it will crawl a lot of data which i don't want to get. ", is it right?
    Sorry, Trouble you again !
Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts

Yes, you should write a RegEx plugin to filter CrawlRequests and Discoveries.

See AbsoluteUri.cs.

Do you know how to call a plugin in the core?  See cfg.CrawlActions and AbsoluteUri.cs.

Thanks!
Mike

3. Include screenshots.

Top 50 Contributor
14 Posts

Hi Mike

Clarification needed on #2. As i understand ...

Crawl = actual download, Discovery = Just knowledge of hyperlink/image or file URI (from same or another domain) obtained after parsing the Crawled Resource.

So if i want only the text of the webpage and no image/file AND only from the initial crawlrequest domain ? How should these *Restricted variables look like ?

thanks.

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts

You are correct on the first part.

Restrict to domain.  UriClassificationType.Domain and set ExtractFilesAndImages = false.

3. Include screenshots.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
An Open Source C# web crawler with Lucene.NET search using SQL 2008/2012/CE

copyright 2004-2017, arachnode.net LLC