arachnode.net
An Open Source C# web crawler with Lucene.NET search using SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2016/CE An Open Source C# web crawler with Lucene.NET search using MongoDB/RavenDB/Hadoop

Completely Open Source @ GitHub

Does arachnode.net scale? | Download the latest release

How do you modify CrawlRequest data in a plugin so it's passed to other plugins?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 31 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
5 Posts
Alan posted on Tue, May 8 2012 8:24 PM

I want to create a plugin called HtmlSlimmer which allows you to specify various HTML tags such as JavaScript, HTML comments, CSS styles, etc to have stripped out of a page's HTML before it's saved to the database/file system to save on disk space.

I've gone through the plugin tutorial but all the HTML properties of the CrawlRequest are read only unless I keep my class inside the Plugins or Crawler apps. I would like to keep this class in my own project in which I've pulled in the AN crawler so I can customize various aspects of work flow and UI.

Is it possible to have a class that is derived from ACralwAction in a different project and still have the ability to set those otherwise read only roperties such as Html?

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts
Verified by Alan

Yes.  It's OK to set the property setters to 'public' for the properties you wish to access.

I set the appropriate properties to 'public' so that my next checkin will merge with your next 'get latest'.

Thanks,
Mike

For best service when you require assistance:

1. Check the DisallowedAbsoluteUris and Exceptions tables first.
  2. Cut and paste actual exceptions from the Exceptions table.
  3. Include screenshots.

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts
Verified by Alan

Yes.  It's OK to set the property setters to 'public' for the properties you wish to access.

I set the appropriate properties to 'public' so that my next checkin will merge with your next 'get latest'.

Thanks,
Mike

For best service when you require assistance:

1. Check the DisallowedAbsoluteUris and Exceptions tables first.
  2. Cut and paste actual exceptions from the Exceptions table.
  3. Include screenshots.

Top 75 Contributor
5 Posts
Alan replied on Wed, May 9 2012 12:37 PM

Thanks for the quick reply and making the properties public!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
An Open Source C# web crawler with Lucene.NET search using SQL 2008/2012/CE

copyright 2004-2017, arachnode.net LLC