arachnode.net
An Open Source C# web crawler with Lucene.NET search using SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2016/CE An Open Source C# web crawler with Lucene.NET search using MongoDB/RavenDB/Hadoop

Completely Open Source @ GitHub

Does arachnode.net scale? | Download the latest release

VS2005 Standard

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 1 Reply | 2 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
2 Posts
Joe posted on Sat, Feb 28 2009 10:38 PM

I was trying to compile the code base under VS2005 Standard and ran into some issues.  My first suspicion that this would not work was when the project was unable to open the Functions solution, the Types solution, and the Web solution.  Then, I tried foolishly to compile the code, only to find that the following dll's were not found (obviously due to an incomplete compile):

\source\Functions\bin\Debug\Arachnode.Functions.dll

\source\SiteCrawler\bin\Debug\Arachnode.SiteCrawler.dll

\source\Plugins\bin\Debug\Arachnode.Plugins.dll

However according to the installation instructions:
The installation instructions for Visual Studio and SQL Server pertain to Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition and SQL Server 2005 Developer (Enterprise) Edition.  Express versions may be used but certain functionality ... and other features may not be available.

I'm assuming, therefore, that the express version you are referring to is only the SQL server express edition, and not the C# express edition.  

So, I am wondering if there is a way to build under the standard edition?  What is it about those solutions that are specific only to the pro version?  Does anybody know any work-arounds?

Secondly, I can use a copy of VS2008 Pro or Standard editions, are there any reports that suggest better luck with either of those IDEs?

I appreciate the help!

-Joe

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts

I used an Express version when I wrote the instructions and was able to compile certain portions of the code and get a limited set of functionality.

However, I use the Professional Version and this is what you should use at minimum.

Here's a version matrix for Visual Studio 2005: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa700921.aspx

For best service when you require assistance:

1. Check the DisallowedAbsoluteUris and Exceptions tables first.
  2. Cut and paste actual exceptions from the Exceptions table.
  3. Include screenshots.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS
An Open Source C# web crawler with Lucene.NET search using SQL 2008/2012/CE

copyright 2004-2017, arachnode.net LLC