arachnode.net
An Open Source C# web crawler with Lucene.NET search using SQL Server 2005/2008/CE An Open Source C# web crawler with Lucene.NET search using MongoDB/RavenDB/Hadoop
Mongo/Raven/MySQL/Hadoop Does arachnode.net scale? | VS2008/2010/2012 & SQL2008/2012 | Download the latest release

Still trying to get running

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 3 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 75 Contributor
4 Posts
abefroman posted on Thu, Jan 14 2010 10:17 AM

Hi,

I can start debug now with no deployment errors, the console window comes up, displays Arachnode version then... nothing, just a cursor.. (I uncommented the line in program.cs to crawl arachnode.net)

there are two warnings:

The referenced component 'AnaTxtCrawler.DataSource' could not be found.  

The referenced component 'VBIDE' could not be found.  

These references appear to be in the Plugins component. Any ideas?

Thanks!

 

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 75 Contributor
4 Posts
Verified by arachnode.net

Thanks for the reply.. please don't worry about it if you're on vacation.. I did get things working yesterday. I just deleted the two references as I didn't see them in any of the builds I was trying to get running on my Win7 machine. I went through and updated a couple of the connection strings and pointed them to the specific SQL server I was using (which was not the default) .. I think that was what was causing the engine not to move forward after displaying the version.

I'm glad things are running now - it's looking great. I hope you don't mind me asking about some more of the different things it can do maybe a little after you get back.

Thanks,

Andrew

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
1,750 Posts

Hey -

I am on vacation ATM... so, responses will be a little slow.  Will be back in full swing on Tuesday.

But, do you know how to resolve references in VS?

I have no idea what VBIDE is?  Google?

Mike

For best service when you require assistance:

  1. Check the DisallowedAbsoluteUris and Exceptions tables first.
  2. Cut and paste actual exceptions from the Exceptions table.
  3. Include screenshots.

Skype: arachnodedotnet

Top 75 Contributor
4 Posts
Verified by arachnode.net

Thanks for the reply.. please don't worry about it if you're on vacation.. I did get things working yesterday. I just deleted the two references as I didn't see them in any of the builds I was trying to get running on my Win7 machine. I went through and updated a couple of the connection strings and pointed them to the specific SQL server I was using (which was not the default) .. I think that was what was causing the engine not to move forward after displaying the version.

I'm glad things are running now - it's looking great. I hope you don't mind me asking about some more of the different things it can do maybe a little after you get back.

Thanks,

Andrew

Top 10 Contributor
1,750 Posts

Great!

I am always glad to help!  Ask away!  Big Smile

-Mike

For best service when you require assistance:

  1. Check the DisallowedAbsoluteUris and Exceptions tables first.
  2. Cut and paste actual exceptions from the Exceptions table.
  3. Include screenshots.

Skype: arachnodedotnet

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
An Open Source C# web crawler with Lucene.NET search using SQL 2005/2008/CE

copyright 2004-2014, arachnode.net LLC