arachnode.net
An Open Source C# web crawler with Lucene.NET search using SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2016/CE An Open Source C# web crawler with Lucene.NET search using MongoDB/RavenDB/Hadoop

Completely Open Source @ GitHub

Does arachnode.net scale? | Download the latest release

Deploy error

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 44 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
11 Posts
dawood posted on Thu, Apr 9 2009 3:27 AM

I get the following error while deploying 'Analysis' project.

The project could not be deployed to the 'localhost' server because of the following connectivity problems :  A connection cannot be made. Ensure that the server is running.  To verify or update the name of the target server, right-click on the project in Solution Explorer, select Project Properties, click on the Deployment tab, and then enter the name of the server. 

Also, I see that my DB does not have 'Analysis' database. When try to activate using 'Analysis services' deployment wizard, i get the error saying that ' connection could not be made with localhost'.  

pls let me know if you can help. Am using sql server 2005 sqlexpress edition.

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts

OK. 

Analysis Services isn't part of SQL Server 2005 Express Edition.

You can remove the Analysis project from the solution.  It isn't required for crawling, indexing or searching.

http://www.microsoft.com/Sqlserver/2005/en/us/compare-features.aspx

Thanks!
Mike

For best service when you require assistance:

1. Check the DisallowedAbsoluteUris and Exceptions tables first.
  2. Cut and paste actual exceptions from the Exceptions table.
  3. Include screenshots.

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts

So, I have to confess: We're into uncharted territory for arachnode here.  I have never tried crawling an intranet.

I think what would be best is for me to set one up here and see what I can see.

I'm a bit concerned that you are not seeing the results from lucene.net as expected.  Hmm...

I just checked in code for the Web project that enables you to toggle and un-toggle clustering so you can see all results.  Because you're crawling the same domain all results get rolled up into one domain, and thus one result.

If you find that you're interested  in solving the LINK problem I would be most gracious.

In the meantime, check this out... this might be of better use to you, since you want to index .doc files.

http://www.microsoft.com/enterprisesearch/serverproducts/searchserverexpress/default.aspx

3. Include screenshots.

Top 50 Contributor
11 Posts
dawood replied on Tue, Apr 21 2009 2:02 AM

oops...I could not access that url...

Can you point me to the files needs to be modified to list my search result which are currently grouped on domain basis?

I've updated the tables you had suggested for .doc indexing but without success :(

thanks....

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts

Looks like MS's link is still down.  :(

Update the Web project from SVN.  This will update the code to toggle clustering.

arachnode.net doesn't currently support indexing .doc files.  :( x 2.

Mike

3. Include screenshots.

Top 50 Contributor
11 Posts
dawood replied on Wed, Apr 22 2009 4:46 AM

Thanks for your reply ...

It would be off great help if you could guide me on the changes required for implementing indexing on .doc files.. I badly need to implement this functionality .

One other important issue is that my 'search' page results are not displayed as 'LINK'...for e.g. after search is completed, I get the results as below

Size SVGView 28/10/2008 12:21 Draft PSIDATA\1554 2277 KB 01 WebEx Player 20/01/2006 11:36 Alfred   ...
http://psi-epm/sites/LRO3.0_ORM/11%20Tools/Forms/AllItems.aspx - Cached (1)
As you see above, 'Cached' is displayed as LINK but not the actual uri i.e. ( http://psi-epm/sites/LRO3.0_ORM/11%20Tools/Forms/AllItems.aspx )
Any suggestions?
Top 50 Contributor
11 Posts
dawood replied on Wed, Apr 22 2009 5:38 AM

Hey..

I fixed the LINK issue... In 'SearchResult.ascx' file, data is displayed as 'text' which I modified to 'HyperLink' and it worked....:)

Again,

It would be off great help if you could guide me through on the changes required for implementing indexing on .doc files.. I badly need to implement this functionality .

Thanks in advance

daw

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts

I think I see what you are saying.  The link isn't a LINK intentionally.   I copied Google's scheme where the Title is the LINK and the CACHED takes you to a cached version of the page.  Of course, you are more than welcome to change it.  :D

3. Include screenshots.

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts

Can you meet me halfway on this?  Would br open to you researching open source code that reads .doc files?

If you can find me some good free code that can read .doc files I will be more than happy to modify the lucene.net plug-in for you.

Is this fair?  :) 

(So, so, so busy right now...)

Mike

3. Include screenshots.

Top 150 Contributor
1 Posts

Does Arachnode succeed with downloading pages served over HTTPS, after sending credentials (username/password) via the credential cache? There are many web sites that require a username/password combination, and after you submit a valid pair, proceed to serve out pages over HTTPS.  Thanks for any feedback.

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts

I haven't explicitly tried downloading from an HTTPS site where a username/password combo was required.

3. Include screenshots.

Top 25 Contributor
26 Posts

Hi - I am getting exactly the same error that started this thread... but I'm running SQL Server 2008 (either Dev or Enterprise).

Same issue on both XP x32 and Vista x64.

When I delete the Analysis project it all works (I think... only just got to that point and no time to get into it properly yet)... at least it builds and deploys and the console screen comes up.

I don't really want to lose any part of the project - am I doing something wrong or is there something I'm missing?

Thanks (I can't wait to get into it - looks fantastic!)

Simon

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts

Do you have Analysis Services installed?

And, thanks!

(which version are you using?)

3. Include screenshots.

Top 25 Contributor
26 Posts

Hi there- yes, I have Analysis Services installed, but I don't believe I had it deployed.  I'm just going through the deployment wizard now.

Sorry for the dumb question without checking all the avenues first!

I'm using AN 1.3.

I'm expecting to be posting more stuff as I get into this today/tomorrow - but I'll try and exhaust the possible answers before doing so next time Embarrassed

Thanks

Simon

Top 25 Contributor
26 Posts

OK - I'm just going to have to hold my hands up for being too dumb here...

Here is my error from the Analysis project:

Error    51    The project could not be deployed to the 'localhost' server because of the following connectivity problems :  A connection cannot be made. Ensure that the server is running.  To verify or update the name of the target server, right-click on the project in Solution Explorer, select Project Properties, click on the Deployment tab, and then enter the name of the server.        0    0

I guess this is a permissions/connection string error?  My knowledge of coding isn't enough for me to want to create 10 more problems by trying to fix this by trial and error!

Thanks

Simon

Top 25 Contributor
26 Posts

To supply a bit more (hopefully useful) background:

Analysis services is installed, it's running under Windows Services and I can access the Analysis database via SQL Server 2008 Management Studio all fine.

I've tried changing the server location from 'localhost' to the explicitly named server ([computer_name]/[server_instance]) which is how it is listed when I access it from Management Syudio but same issue.

I've looked for somewhere to add a connection string (to pass my password) but can't see where I would do that in Analysis>Properties>Deployment, for example?

I'm using Windows Authentication for the SQL Server instance, if that's relevant.

Thanks

Simon

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts

Your connection properties should look like this:

Does 'localhost' resolve on your machine?  i.e. your hosts file?

Also, since you are using Version 1.3 now, would you consider purchasing a Personal License?

3. Include screenshots.

Page 2 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
An Open Source C# web crawler with Lucene.NET search using SQL 2008/2012/CE

copyright 2004-2017, arachnode.net LLC