arachnode.net
An Open Source C# web crawler with Lucene.NET search using SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2016/CE An Open Source C# web crawler with Lucene.NET search using MongoDB/RavenDB/Hadoop

Completely Open Source @ GitHub

Does arachnode.net scale? | Download the latest release

debugging arachnode.net solution

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 2 verified answers | 54 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
25 Posts
samarhtc posted on Thu, Oct 18 2012 6:11 AM

Hi

Our company have bought a version of Arachnode.net I am currently trying to modify its behaviour. However I cannot seem to debug the solution that is my break points are never hit. I have set some break points in different projects, I then run (F5) the Console project and crawl a site, the crawling is done but the break points are never hit. Or rather the break point are hit from the DataAccess project, the ArachnodeDAO.cs file, but I cannot get it to hit anything within the SiteCrawler project

I have also tried to set a break point right at the beginning of the crawler that is inside program.cs inside the console project and then F10/F11 all the way, but still no result its like the program flow never goes into other projects. 

The visual studio is set on debug mode.  

Am I missing something here. 

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts
Verified by arachnode.net

VS2010 breakpoints have changed since 2008, and IMO, are broken.

Try setting a breakpoint in the code that is actually hit, then, find the code you want to stop on and set the BP while the code is running.

For best service when you require assistance:

  1. Check the DisallowedAbsoluteUris and Exceptions tables first.
  2. Cut and paste actual exceptions from the Exceptions table.
  3. Include screenshots.

Skype: arachnodedotnet

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts
Verified by arachnode.net

Filter out .cs files and it will make the job a lot easier.

It's probably a metadata file.  I have a solution (non-AN) that won't unclear a breakpoint.  I delete it, it comes back every time I debug.

Also, when VS2010 crashes, it resurrects breakpoints from the last time it crashed.  I'm using the latest SP for VS2010.

For best service when you require assistance:

  1. Check the DisallowedAbsoluteUris and Exceptions tables first.
  2. Cut and paste actual exceptions from the Exceptions table.
  3. Include screenshots.

Skype: arachnodedotnet

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts

Which version of Visual Studio?

I have seen this from time to time with 2008.  I believe I had to delete all breakpoints from the Debug menu.

(this is a VS issue, but not AN .sln specific...)

Mike

For best service when you require assistance:

  1. Check the DisallowedAbsoluteUris and Exceptions tables first.
  2. Cut and paste actual exceptions from the Exceptions table.
  3. Include screenshots.

Skype: arachnodedotnet

Top 25 Contributor
25 Posts

Sorry for this late response, 

I'm running VS 2010 Ultimate against Win Server 2008, SQL Server 2008 R2, IIS 7

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts
Verified by arachnode.net

VS2010 breakpoints have changed since 2008, and IMO, are broken.

Try setting a breakpoint in the code that is actually hit, then, find the code you want to stop on and set the BP while the code is running.

For best service when you require assistance:

  1. Check the DisallowedAbsoluteUris and Exceptions tables first.
  2. Cut and paste actual exceptions from the Exceptions table.
  3. Include screenshots.

Skype: arachnodedotnet

Top 25 Contributor
25 Posts

I have done this already.

Maybe its worth mentioning that I have other solutions where there is no problem debugging from projects to projects. Its only this arachnode.net solutions that are causing problems.

I have already looked at the solutions properties of arachnonde.net and also properties of different projects within arachnode.net and compared them to another solutions where the debugging goes fine. I cant see any major difference. 

Want I want to do is start debugging from within the console project (which has been set as start up project) and follow the debugging flow all into other projects such as the Sitecrawler especially. But the debugger will only run inside the console  projects that is as soon as the first reference is made to a function inside the e.g. sitecrawler projects, the debugger then jumps into the dll (object ecxplorer), instead of jumping into the specific code of the sitecrawler project. 

I hope it makes sense

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts

Hmm... might be worth grabbing a fresh copy of the source from SVN and using BeyondCompare to compare your source with the version from SVN?

For best service when you require assistance:

  1. Check the DisallowedAbsoluteUris and Exceptions tables first.
  2. Cut and paste actual exceptions from the Exceptions table.
  3. Include screenshots.

Skype: arachnodedotnet

Top 25 Contributor
25 Posts

Ok, that's a longer procedure. 

if/when I do this, I will get back. 

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts
Verified by arachnode.net

Filter out .cs files and it will make the job a lot easier.

It's probably a metadata file.  I have a solution (non-AN) that won't unclear a breakpoint.  I delete it, it comes back every time I debug.

Also, when VS2010 crashes, it resurrects breakpoints from the last time it crashed.  I'm using the latest SP for VS2010.

For best service when you require assistance:

  1. Check the DisallowedAbsoluteUris and Exceptions tables first.
  2. Cut and paste actual exceptions from the Exceptions table.
  3. Include screenshots.

Skype: arachnodedotnet

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
An Open Source C# web crawler with Lucene.NET search using SQL 2008/2012/CE

copyright 2004-2017, arachnode.net LLC