arachnode.net
An Open Source C# web crawler with Lucene.NET search using SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2016/CE An Open Source C# web crawler with Lucene.NET search using MongoDB/RavenDB/Hadoop

Completely Open Source @ GitHub

Does arachnode.net scale? | Download the latest release

How to deploy to a Webserver

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
19 Posts
ptrennum posted on Wed, Jun 29 2011 5:53 PM

Is there any info at all on how to get this working on a production webserver?  I have everything running fine locally but I get error after error when I try to move it to my webserver.

Some errors are Security errors others are regarding isapi and cgi settings.

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts
Verified by arachnode.net

Peter:

Your question is very general. 

Can you provide some specifics?

There isn't anything special that you need to do in order to run the web projects.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc772350(v=ws.10).aspx

Sorry you are having trouble.  Sad

Mike

[EDIT: I just ran into this - the ArachnodeDAO is trying to write config files to \inetpub, and under normal circumstances, the IIS Worker process does not have ADMIN rights - I will fix this...]

For best service when you require assistance:

1. Check the DisallowedAbsoluteUris and Exceptions tables first.
  2. Cut and paste actual exceptions from the Exceptions table.
  3. Include screenshots.

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts
Verified by arachnode.net

Peter:

Your question is very general. 

Can you provide some specifics?

There isn't anything special that you need to do in order to run the web projects.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc772350(v=ws.10).aspx

Sorry you are having trouble.  Sad

Mike

[EDIT: I just ran into this - the ArachnodeDAO is trying to write config files to \inetpub, and under normal circumstances, the IIS Worker process does not have ADMIN rights - I will fix this...]

3. Include screenshots.

Top 25 Contributor
19 Posts
ptrennum replied on Thu, Jun 30 2011 10:16 AM

Sorry, here is the current problem.  My initial problem was solved by setting the release build configuration to use x64 and that cleared up the isapi cgi stuff.  now that is done here is the latest which I am still struggling with.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Security Exception

Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy.  To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: The source was not found, but some or all event logs could not be searched.  Inaccessible logs: Security.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SecurityException: The source was not found, but some or all event logs could not be searched.  Inaccessible logs: Security.]
   System.Diagnostics.EventLog.FindSourceRegistration(String source, String machineName, Boolean readOnly) +563
   System.Diagnostics.EventLog.SourceExists(String source, String machineName) +264
   System.Diagnostics.EventLog.VerifyAndCreateSource(String sourceName, String currentMachineName) +84
   System.Diagnostics.EventLog.WriteEntry(String message, EventLogEntryType type, Int32 eventID, Int16 category, Byte[] rawData) +377
   System.Diagnostics.EventLog.WriteEntry(String message, EventLogEntryType type) +30
   Arachnode.DataAccess.ArachnodeDAO.InsertExceptionIntoWindowsApplicationLog(Exception exception) +152
   Arachnode.DataAccess.ArachnodeDAO.InsertException(String absoluteUri1, String absoluteUri2, Exception exception, Boolean insertExceptionInWindowsApplicationLog) +824
   Arachnode.DataAccess.ArachnodeDAO.GetConfiguration() +377
   Arachnode.DataAccess.Managers.ConfigurationManager.InitializeConfiguration(ConfigurationType configurationType, ArachnodeDAO arachnodeDAO) +299
   TorpedoesAwayWeb.References.Global.Application_Start(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Cereb\ta\taWeb\taWeb\Global.asax.cs:111

Top 25 Contributor
19 Posts
ptrennum replied on Thu, Jun 30 2011 12:56 PM

So here is the (my) solution:

1. In the configuration manager I had to set the active solution platform to x64 and rebuild the solution

2. Set the identity that the app pool is running under to one that has admin rights (not great form I know but it solved the problem until a better solution can be determined)

NOTE: the Isapi/CGI errors were caused by setting the app pool to Enable 32-bit applications to true.  This caused a big mess so I kept it set to false and did the steps above.

That was it....

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts

Thanks for the info.  Hopefully it will help other users.  Big Smile

3. Include screenshots.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
An Open Source C# web crawler with Lucene.NET search using SQL 2008/2012/CE

copyright 2004-2017, arachnode.net LLC