arachnode.net
An Open Source C# web crawler with Lucene.NET search using SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2016/CE An Open Source C# web crawler with Lucene.NET search using MongoDB/RavenDB/Hadoop

Completely Open Source @ GitHub

Does arachnode.net scale? | Download the latest release

Problem logging in on a remote server

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 50 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
3 Posts
johnclopes posted on Fri, Jun 3 2011 4:10 PM

Hi, Mike.

I've successfully created a plugin and executed it using a connection with my localhost instance of SQL Server. Now I'm trying to execute it connected to a remote server, and I'm getting the error "Login failed for user 'user'".

I've used the 'Add Database Reference' to generate the connection string on the Functions project and used the same string to fill the property on ConnectionString.config. When adding the reference, I tested the connection and it was working fine.

Any ideas on what I'm missing?

My local SQL Server version is 2005 and the remote version is 2008 R2.

Thanks.

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 150 Contributor
3 Posts
Verified by arachnode.net

Hi, Mike.

I solved the problem creating a new user and just giving access to arachnode.net and another schema I use to save the results.

I really don't know what is wrong with the other user, I assume it has something to do with access rights, but examining the settings I couldn't find anything.

Thanks for your help.

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts

Hmmm... not sure what is wrong?

Is there a specific exception stack trace you can share?

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=Login+failed+for+user+SQL ?  Do any of these links help?

Mike

For best service when you require assistance:

  1. Check the DisallowedAbsoluteUris and Exceptions tables first.
  2. Cut and paste actual exceptions from the Exceptions table.
  3. Include screenshots.

Skype: arachnodedotnet

Top 150 Contributor
3 Posts

Is must be some configuration on the server, but I didn't figure it out yet.

In the application event log, one of the messages it gives is:

AppDomain 15 (arachnode.net.dbo[ddl].14) unloaded.

Does this say something to you?

Thanks.

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts

Can you connect via SSMS?

That message is normal.

Try stepping through the code?

Where are you getting the error from?  What is the stack trace of the error?

For best service when you require assistance:

  1. Check the DisallowedAbsoluteUris and Exceptions tables first.
  2. Cut and paste actual exceptions from the Exceptions table.
  3. Include screenshots.

Skype: arachnodedotnet

Top 150 Contributor
3 Posts
Verified by arachnode.net

Hi, Mike.

I solved the problem creating a new user and just giving access to arachnode.net and another schema I use to save the results.

I really don't know what is wrong with the other user, I assume it has something to do with access rights, but examining the settings I couldn't find anything.

Thanks for your help.

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts

Great!  I am glad it is working for you.  Big Smile

For best service when you require assistance:

  1. Check the DisallowedAbsoluteUris and Exceptions tables first.
  2. Cut and paste actual exceptions from the Exceptions table.
  3. Include screenshots.

Skype: arachnodedotnet

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
An Open Source C# web crawler with Lucene.NET search using SQL 2008/2012/CE

copyright 2004-2017, arachnode.net LLC