arachnode.net
An Open Source C# web crawler with Lucene.NET search using SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2016/CE An Open Source C# web crawler with Lucene.NET search using MongoDB/RavenDB/Hadoop

Completely Open Source @ GitHub

Does arachnode.net scale? | Download the latest release

I have a problem "A first chance exception of type 'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException' occurred in System.Data.dll"

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 3 verified answers | 64 Replies | 1 Follower

posted on Tue, Apr 19 2011 7:58 AM

Hi, I have one question about first debugging(press F5 in VS 2008).

For arachnode program, I installed VS2008, VS2008 SP1 and SQL 2008. 

 

When I debugging this program, I can check this problem.

step1. Reset Database and perform initial setup tasks? <y/n>  

I pressed y.

I saw "Resetting Database..." . And wait never end.

This time, I checked Visual Studio output window.

Program make the below message.

A first chance exception of type 'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException' occurred in System.Data.dll
A first chance exception of type 'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException' occurred in System.Data.dll
A first chance exception of type 'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException' occurred in System.Data.dll
A first chance exception of type 'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException' occurred in System.Data.dll
A first chance exception of type 'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException' occurred in System.Data.dll
A first chance exception of type 'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException' occurred in System.Data.dll
A first chance exception of type 'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException' occurred in System.Data.dll

 

What is the problem? I want to solve this problem. T_T

 

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts

Hmm...  I am sorry.  I am not sure what you have done.

Are you running in debug mode?  Try stepping into the code with F11 and see what the actual SQL exception is.

Does this help: http://arachnode.net/forums/p/803/11624.aspx ?

Try NOT resetting the database and letting AN crawl since you already reset the DB in the setup instructions.

(CONSOLE APPEARS TO HANG: http://arachnode.net/forums/p/1383/12795.aspx#12795)

Mike

For best service when you require assistance:

  1. Check the DisallowedAbsoluteUris and Exceptions tables first.
  2. Cut and paste actual exceptions from the Exceptions table.
  3. Include screenshots.

Skype: arachnodedotnet

Answered (Verified) replied on Tue, Apr 26 2011 1:01 AM
Verified by arachnode.net

I met this problem too, and I found that the connectionstrings in the Configuration project is wrong, server="." . You should change this value to your SQL Server name.

Top 200 Contributor
1 Posts
Verified by arachnode.net

I absolutely agree... Your issue is due to incorrect server configuration in your config file and fixing that will definitely resolve this error.

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts

Did you follow the installation instructions?

http://arachnode.net/Content/InstallationInstructions.aspx

What is the stack trace?

For best service when you require assistance:

  1. Check the DisallowedAbsoluteUris and Exceptions tables first.
  2. Cut and paste actual exceptions from the Exceptions table.
  3. Include screenshots.

Skype: arachnodedotnet

replied on Tue, Apr 19 2011 6:10 PM

Yes, I did follow installation instructions.

I think this line occur problem.

(Program.cs #117) : arachnodeDAO.ExecuteSql("EXEC [dbo].[arachnode_usp_arachnode.net_RESET_DATABASE]");

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts

Set a breakpoint in the exception handler of that function.

What is the stack trace?

For best service when you require assistance:

  1. Check the DisallowedAbsoluteUris and Exceptions tables first.
  2. Cut and paste actual exceptions from the Exceptions table.
  3. Include screenshots.

Skype: arachnodedotnet

replied on Wed, Apr 20 2011 6:50 PM

> Arachnode.Console.exe!Arachnode.Console.Program.Main() Line 117 C#
  [Native to Managed Transition] 
  [Managed to Native Transition] 
  mscorlib.dll!System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(string assemblyFile, System.Security.Policy.Evidence assemblySecurity, string[] args) + 0x3a bytes 
  Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.Utilities.dll!Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly() + 0x2b bytes 
  mscorlib.dll!System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(object state) + 0x66 bytes 
  mscorlib.dll!System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, object state) + 0x6f bytes 
  mscorlib.dll!System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart() + 0x44 bytes 

It is a Call Stack log.

Stack trace is it right?

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts

Hmm...  I am sorry.  I am not sure what you have done.

Are you running in debug mode?  Try stepping into the code with F11 and see what the actual SQL exception is.

Does this help: http://arachnode.net/forums/p/803/11624.aspx ?

Try NOT resetting the database and letting AN crawl since you already reset the DB in the setup instructions.

(CONSOLE APPEARS TO HANG: http://arachnode.net/forums/p/1383/12795.aspx#12795)

Mike

For best service when you require assistance:

  1. Check the DisallowedAbsoluteUris and Exceptions tables first.
  2. Cut and paste actual exceptions from the Exceptions table.
  3. Include screenshots.

Skype: arachnodedotnet

Answered (Verified) replied on Tue, Apr 26 2011 1:01 AM
Verified by arachnode.net

I met this problem too, and I found that the connectionstrings in the Configuration project is wrong, server="." . You should change this value to your SQL Server name.

Top 200 Contributor
1 Posts
Verified by arachnode.net

I absolutely agree... Your issue is due to incorrect server configuration in your config file and fixing that will definitely resolve this error.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
An Open Source C# web crawler with Lucene.NET search using SQL 2008/2012/CE

copyright 2004-2017, arachnode.net LLC