I have some questions regarding the use of AN, hope someone is able to answer these
1) Can AN handle spelling errors in the search box? I can see that there are a few classes in the functions project that sound like they handle spelling errors, but I don't see where they are used and how.
2) Does AN support wildcards like +?* in a search?
3) How do I extract statistics from searches? Like: Which words were searched for? When were they searched for? How many times? etc...
4) How to use the webservice. Can you give an example?
5) Can the development license be moved from one machine to another in case of purchase of new hardware?
6) What is the correct way of searching a single website (without following external links)?
1.) AN doesn't provide this functionality, but if you buy a license I could be persuaded to add it. :)
2.) Yes. AN uses standard Lucene.net syntax.
3.) AN doesn't provide this functionality, but if you buy a license I could be persuaded to add it. :)
4.) Yes, in a moment.
6.) Read this: http://arachnode.net/forums/t/739.aspx, and this: http://arachnode.net/forums/p/323/10294.aspx#10294 and this: http://arachnode.net/forums/p/1023/11996.aspx#11996
For best service when you require assistance:
There was a breaking change in Lucene.NET that broke the service.
Here's the fix, for all those that are using the DEMO. (I will update the DEMO soon, with the upcoming release...)
Here is what the service functionality looks like:
The parameters passed to the WebService are the same as those shown in the query strings in the Search.aspx page...
Queries showing speed: