arachnode.net
An Open Source C# web crawler with Lucene.NET search using SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2016/CE An Open Source C# web crawler with Lucene.NET search using MongoDB/RavenDB/Hadoop
Search the Live Index Does arachnode.net scale? | Download the latest release

Disploy failed during the installation following the instruction with screenshot

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 12 Replies | 3 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
5 Posts
Justin posted on Thu, Mar 26 2015 9:49 AM
Hi There, This is my first time to try this application. I downloaded the latest version, followed the instruction and screenshot, before click 'F5' button in visual studio, everything looks good. Then, the error happened in the process of deploy, the visual studio just showing deploy failed. I am pretty sure that I followed the instruction. Moreover, I found one different between the screenshot in the instruction and download version is, the download version has console.xx project, but I still set console project as the startup project. I am not quite sure if i should ignore the error or there is a way to fix it. Thanks and regards Justin

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts
Verified by arachnode.net

Justin:

I don't see what you are seeing from either VS2012 or VS2013.  Ensure that you have not changed any settings from the demo.

Both Console projects ran without issue.

Both Functions projects deployed/Published without issue.

Both Web projects functioned without issue.

If you encounter this error, uncheck the checkbox.

For best service when you require assistance:

1. Check the DisallowedAbsoluteUris and Exceptions tables first.
  2. Cut and paste actual exceptions from the Exceptions table.
  3. Include screenshots.

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts

Which version of Visual Studio?

Send the actual screenshot?

If you just get 'failed' from Visual Studio 2008, this is a bug with VS2008.  Restart VS and also restart SQL Server.  Make sure you run the reset DB procedure.

Thanks,
Mike

3. Include screenshots.

Top 100 Contributor
5 Posts
Justin replied on Fri, Mar 27 2015 4:35 AM
Hi Thanks for your reply, I resolved the problem, and the reason is the project does not connect to the databaase. I meet with another problem, When I set Web as a startup project and Search.aspx as the start page, I got an error message when trying to run that. Here is the error message: ------------------------------------------------------ Server Error in '/Web' Application. Could not load file or assembly 'Arachnode.SiteCrawler.Next' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'Arachnode.SiteCrawler.Next' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'Arachnode.SiteCrawler.Next' could not be loaded. WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF. To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1. Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging. To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog]. Stack Trace: [BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'Arachnode.SiteCrawler.Next' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.] System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection) +0 System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +416 System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +166 System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString) +35 System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +190 [ConfigurationErrorsException: Could not load file or assembly 'Arachnode.SiteCrawler.Next' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.] System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +11326376 System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAllAssembliesFromAppDomainBinDirectory() +388 System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssembly(AssemblyInfo ai) +232 System.Web.Configuration.AssemblyInfo.get_AssemblyInternal() +48 System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetReferencedAssemblies(CompilationSection compConfig) +210 System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler..ctor(VirtualPath configPath, Boolean supportLocalization, String outputAssemblyName) +76 System.Web.Compilation.ApplicationBuildProvider.GetGlobalAsaxBuildResult(Boolean isPrecompiledApp) +283 System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileGlobalAsax() +50 System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompiled() +676 [HttpException (0x80004005): Could not load file or assembly 'Arachnode.SiteCrawler.Next' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.] System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.ReportTopLevelCompilationException() +76 System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompiled() +1012 System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters) +1025 [HttpException (0x80004005): Could not load file or assembly 'Arachnode.SiteCrawler.Next' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.] System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +11420374 System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +88 System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +4405156 ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Thanks and regards Justin
Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts

Which version of Visual Studio?

Did you change any of the build parameters?  This error means x86 and x64 are intermingled.

Mike

3. Include screenshots.

Top 100 Contributor
5 Posts
Justin replied on Fri, Mar 27 2015 4:56 AM
I am using Visual Studio 2013. And I did not change any of the build parameters.
Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts

It would be probably be best for me to take a look tomorrow through a TeamViewer session - VS2012 and VS2013 have changed/broken a LOT of things with their "upgrades".

Mike

3. Include screenshots.

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts

Feel free to add me on Skype.

3. Include screenshots.

Top 25 Contributor
23 Posts
JCrawl replied on Mon, Mar 30 2015 11:00 PM
Please post the solution as I also am having difficulty in 2013 Jason
Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts

You can add me on Skype and I will take a look at what the issue is.

Mike

3. Include screenshots.

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts

MS completely changed the way DB projects work in VS2012 and completely broke the upgrade process.

Here are some things to watch for:

The target framework must match what the version of SQL Server can actually support.  Depending on the version of the SQL Server Data Tools you have installed this may be set to 4.0 by MS, which SQL2008 does not support!

Ensure that 'TRUSTWORTHY' is checked and the compatibility level matches as well.

These options may be silently changed as a result of solution/project upgrades and/or SQL Server Data Tools installations/upgrades, invalidating all references to the 'Functions' project.

3. Include screenshots.

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts

If you get this:

Then you'll need to run this (only one time):

This is what fixes up the DB to be TRUSTWORTHY and corrects the authorization when restoring or attaching a database.

3. Include screenshots.

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts
Verified by arachnode.net

Justin:

I don't see what you are seeing from either VS2012 or VS2013.  Ensure that you have not changed any settings from the demo.

Both Console projects ran without issue.

Both Functions projects deployed/Published without issue.

Both Web projects functioned without issue.

If you encounter this error, uncheck the checkbox.

3. Include screenshots.

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts

UPDATE - the users reported that the issue was with IIS - the demo should be used with IIS Express.

3. Include screenshots.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS
An Open Source C# web crawler with Lucene.NET search using SQL 2008/2012/CE

copyright 2004-2017, arachnode.net LLC