arachnode.net
An Open Source C# web crawler with Lucene.NET search using SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2016/CE An Open Source C# web crawler with Lucene.NET search using MongoDB/RavenDB/Hadoop

Completely Open Source @ GitHub

Does arachnode.net scale? | Download the latest release

Deploy error

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 44 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
11 Posts
dawood posted on Thu, Apr 9 2009 3:27 AM

I get the following error while deploying 'Analysis' project.

The project could not be deployed to the 'localhost' server because of the following connectivity problems :  A connection cannot be made. Ensure that the server is running.  To verify or update the name of the target server, right-click on the project in Solution Explorer, select Project Properties, click on the Deployment tab, and then enter the name of the server. 

Also, I see that my DB does not have 'Analysis' database. When try to activate using 'Analysis services' deployment wizard, i get the error saying that ' connection could not be made with localhost'.  

pls let me know if you can help. Am using sql server 2005 sqlexpress edition.

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts

OK. 

Analysis Services isn't part of SQL Server 2005 Express Edition.

You can remove the Analysis project from the solution.  It isn't required for crawling, indexing or searching.

http://www.microsoft.com/Sqlserver/2005/en/us/compare-features.aspx

Thanks!
Mike

For best service when you require assistance:

1. Check the DisallowedAbsoluteUris and Exceptions tables first.
  2. Cut and paste actual exceptions from the Exceptions table.
  3. Include screenshots.

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
26 Posts

Hi there

Just emailed you re. your support question (feel free to publish the mail and response if you think it's helpful to the wider audience)...

Notwithstanding that, yes: my connection properties look exactly like that.  As far as I know the localhost loopback does resolve on my machines (I'm trying to get a working deployment on an XP x32 and a Vista  x64 machine to help track issues down, but only want it working on one).  Both machines run the ASP dev servers on localhost:[port number].

That said, I'll completely check this off tomorrow AM as I don't want anyone wasting their time telling me how to fix basics.

Thanks

Simon

Top 25 Contributor
26 Posts

Sorry - keep thinking of 'one more thing' immediately after hitting 'post'...

Actually, I couldn't get the Web project ro run properly this afternoon... set search.aspx as Starting page but multiple browsers just sat their showing 'waiting for localhost' - which I guess points to this as being the problem.  If I show the details of the ASP dev server running in the systray and click on the link there I get the directory page but I can't get the actual .aspx webpage to load.

Not sure why my localhost would resolve back to the host machine but I'll do some looking and fiddling tomorrow.

Simon

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts

No worries - as far as I can remember, you are the first person to experience this issue.

If you set the startup page to Search.aspx, do you still encounter the error?

Do you have a TeamViewer session I could connect to?

Mike

3. Include screenshots.

Top 25 Contributor
26 Posts

Hi there

As I'm the first, I've little doubt that it's going to turn out to be a newbie issue Embarrassed

I'm getting the same issues on both machines, but slightly different symptoms in other areas.  I'll describe both below as well as what I'm doing:

XP x32

localhost doesn't resolve properly - I'm getting a message telling me that this address is already being used elsewhere when I try and connect to it using Run. However, 127.0.0.1 does resolve to the host using the same method, but changing the connection details in analysis>Deploy tab to 127.0.0.1 results int he same error when I try and deploy.

I am using the 'view in browser' option for search.sapx (which IS selscted as start page) and getting the hang/error when the browser says it is 'waiting for localhost'. The ASP dev server starts up in the systray and VS2008 goes through a build process.

Vista x64

localhost and 127.0.0.1 both resolve properly using Run as above.

Same issue and symptoms when trying to browse search.aspx.

One difference here is that having gone through the RESET_DATABASE store proc and running the build and deploy as on the XP x32 machine, I can't connect to the Analysis analysis servie through SQL Management Studio on this machine. The database isn't there.

Although I did all my playing about on the XP machine yesterday I don't think I did naything special to reveal the Analysis database there - it was just there when I connected to it, despite the same issues with the attempted build/deploy.

I have TeamViewer installed on both machines - you have my email address ro let me know when you are able to take a remote look. At this point, I'll be releived for you to find the simple error I've made!

Thanks

Simon

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts

Hmmm... I bet this isn't a simple error you have made... I bet we get to blame MS on this one.  Smile

I will send you mail and we can take a look.

3. Include screenshots.

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts

QUICK UPDATE: .doc/.pdf file indexing and search capabilities are coming in Version 1.4, to be released shortly.

Unique-ifier!

3. Include screenshots.

replied on Sat, Nov 28 2009 10:07 AM

hi same thing happened to me too...

Testing Environment:

Windows server 2008 standard

MSSQL 2008 (no analysis service installed)

VS 2008

1. database restored from **arachnode.net.bak_2008.zip**, smooth

2. reset by running **arachnode_usp_arachnode.net_RESET_DATABASE** , smooth

3. ran UpdateDatabase_1.2_to_1.3.sql, smooth

Got annoyed by the connection problem when deploying *analysis*,

then check dependencies and deleted *analysis* from project .

Try to browse search.aspx and comes up with "waiting for localhost".... tried about 2 hours and different solutions does not seem to help.

I have logmein installed on my machine..not sure if anyone can help.. .

...should have used a Virtual Machine in the first place, this little server is not powerful enough for it..I'm getting a new one on next friday...

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts

There is a known issue with an update that MS published about Windows Defender breaking 'localhost'... (although this error has nothing to do with AN...)

Try removing the ::localhost reference and see if this solves your problem.

(In your HOSTS file... '::localhost')

Also, which version are you using?

3. Include screenshots.

replied on Sun, Nov 29 2009 12:07 AM

Hi:

Thanks for such a quick answer.

I'm using the 

arachnode.net : release 1.2 +lucene.net (DEMO)

probably i should not have run the upgrade to 1.3 sql...

Anyways I'm getting a few virtual machines set up, just to test this crawler.

In the final stage hoping to set up around 20 ~30 IPs and massively crawl & analyse HP, Dell, etc...'s site..

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts

Did the console prompt you to run the script?

3. Include screenshots.

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts

Hmm... sounds like your project goes beyond what the DEMO is intended for.

Couple of things to consider:

1.) The version you are using is a DEMO, and AN needs to be licensed.  If you are running AN on more than one machine, you need to pay for a license for each machine.  There is some flexibilty in this.

2.) There is a known issue with 1.2 that can cause the amount of RAM consumed to be equal to the amount of data downloaded.  For this reason, 1.2 is considered a DEMO.

Would you consider purchasing a license?  Doing so will allow you to use AN properly/legally and will GREATLY aid in reaching your crawling goals.

3. Include screenshots.

replied on Tue, Dec 1 2009 11:45 PM

hi there:

sorry the console did not prompt to run the script..

i simply hit *Ctrl+F5* on the search.aspx page on VS 2008 Environment..

and it responded with successful build (no glitch) and waiting for localhost..

replied on Tue, Dec 1 2009 11:47 PM

Hi:

1. I would not mind paying for extra licences.

2. I need to get it working first, your one is the best I have found on the internet so far.

3. there no video demo on how to install and run this piece... however text instruction is easy enough to follow, a video would always be helpful...

Top 25 Contributor
26 Posts

Hi Nathan

It's definitely worth paying for the licence - the support got me up and running very quickly. And there IS a video now...  http://arachnode.net/Content/WalkthroughVideo.aspx

Cheers

Simon

Top 10 Contributor
1,905 Posts

1.) If you were to purchase a license(s) I would be extremely motivated to finish the mutli-server code and work with you to implement this for your project.

2.) Thanks.  Simon purchased a license and he set up a TeamViewer session for us and we were able to get his machine back to a working state.  His issue was related to a Windows Defender update that broke localhost.

3.) Simon's link is correct.

I am in the final testing phases of Version 1.4, FWIW.

3. Include screenshots.

Page 3 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS
An Open Source C# web crawler with Lucene.NET search using SQL 2008/2012/CE

copyright 2004-2017, arachnode.net LLC